Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Harmony between man, nature and machine.




While driving to work I have noticed this plant mural off the 405 freeway. It has changed now 3 times in the past 3-6 months. I have been quite disturbed by the fact that it consists of pretty little flowers that need lots of water and when they start to grow out too far they are scraped and a new mural with new flowers is put in place. I then noticed another on off the 101 freeway and in Pasadena as well. Being a Californian all my life basically I was very disturbed and wanted to know what was going on and the reasoning behind this mass consumption and waste of plant matter. I found a great post by Roberta Cruger another fellow Californian complaining about this same thing.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/08/pretty-prius-freeway-flowers.php

After a bit of searching I have to come to find out that this is a marketing/ad campaign for Toyota and the new Prius. Very disgusted and disappointed to know that Toyota does not care about nature, conserving water or the fact that we are in a drought and have been for quite sometime now in California. To the Toyota marketing team I say shame shame on you...

http://green.autoblog.com/2009/05/13/toyota-uses-flowers-and-technology-to-advertise-the-2010-prius/

No comments:

Post a Comment