Monday, August 23, 2010

Birthday Weekend Part 1





This past Saturday was my birthday. I decided to take Friday off and go out to Palm Desert for a few days to relax and unwind. Thanks to my wonderful sister who is also my boss she gave me Friday off so I could have this quick getaway. On Friday my fiancée and slept in a little and then went to get a little bite to eat at Benny's Bagels .Afterwards we headed to a few good thrift stores nearby and we came away with some great finds. The remainder of the day we spent lounging in the hot sun by the pool in 110 degree weather. Later that night we ventured out in the heat again for dinner at Matsuri a local Japanese restaurant we had been eying on our last few trips out to Palm Desert. The food was delicious, the service was quick and we walked away to happy little campers after our wonderful meal. The following day (my actual birthday) I was woken up with wonderful birthday wishes from friends and family. Then we went and grabbed some breakfast at the Palms Cafe as Il Sogno where we intended to go was not open. Then we went to the local nursery to add a few more native plants around the house. As my fiancée planted our finds I lounged in the pool for awhile and did a little more tanning. When I had enough heat as I could possible stand we went inside to open presents. I always love the gifts my fiancée gets me because they are always different and one of a kind. he purchased all my gifts from Etsy which is one of my most favorite sites to go shopping on. Out of all the gifts I loved my Teacup Ring and my pacman earrings (which i am wearing today)the most. He also got me a wasp house, an owl locket necklace and these amazing blue candle holders which will go perfectly in my new craft room and an owl brooch pin. I felt very spoiled and very loved. Here are some photos of my gifts, enjoy. I will write another post about the awesome restaurant we went to for my birthday dinner, and yes it deserves it's very own post.

No comments:

Post a Comment