Friday, February 11, 2011

BACHELORETTE WEEKEND PART 2: THE FOOD I

After our morning of decorating our rental home was complete. My sister and I needed to get replenished with some much needed breakfast food and fast.

Before our trip up to Santa Barbara I did some research on local eateries and I was very delighted to find ou about Pacific Crepes. As my sister and I love good food and especially a yummy crepe at that.

Owner, Yvan Morin moved from France to the Santa Barbara, which he refers to as "the best city on the West Coast." Santa Barbara lacked a French restaurant, and Yvan's father Andre suggested that Yvan open an authentic creperie. Andre, and Yvan's mother Janine eventually followed and now help Yvan run the restaurant.Pacific Crêpes opened their doors in 1997 and was soon celebrated as Santa Barbara's premier creperie.

The menu of this remier creperie was packed with delectable breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert crepes. My sister and I settled on dessert crepes. I with the Grand Marnier Flambe and my sister with the Nutella with Bananas and Strawberries. Both were divine and tasted like you were eating candy. I really loved how Janine spoke only in French to us and it made me feel like we had escaped to a small cafe in Paris (although I have never been to France)

I highly recommend this spot to anyone visiting Santa Barbara for the first time and for anyone who has resided to for many years but was not quite yet aware of it's existence. Youw ill not regret it, unless you are on a diet that is!


No comments:

Post a Comment