Monday, March 21, 2011

WEEKEND RECAP

Although I was abruptly woken up this morning by thunder and lighting flashes I am happy to say that the rain has now passed us by after a full day and night of rain since yesterday.

Even though I spent most of Sunday indoors, we were lucky to have a nice sunny Saturday for our planned outing to the Fullerton Arboretum to take part in their Annual Monster Tomato and Pepper Sale. We woke up bright and early at 7:30 am on Saturday for this event. After quickly putting ourselves together, grabbing a bagel and coffee we were off to the Arboretum.

I knew there would be a lot of people there but I was a bit surprised by how many, and I can't help and wonder how many of these people have been coming to this sale every year and how many actually grow more than just these tomato's and peppers. I will be posting the list of our purchases later on this week as we walked away we quite a bit and spent $69 on all our new veggies.




No comments:

Post a Comment