Tuesday, December 20, 2011

HANDMADE HOLIDAY

I normally do not get holiday gifts for co-workers, unless I really like them! However, this year I decided to spread the cheer and to give the gift of handmade presents to everyone in my department.

I was inspired by this advent calendar to make miniature monogrammed paintings for all 14 people that I work with everyday.

Step 1:
Decide on what size canvas you would like to use and purchase them. I decided on 4x6 and I purchased them at my local art store Art Supply Warehouse for $2.29 that included 3 in a pak.



Step 2:
Choose the background color and paint the canvas's. I choose to paint all of mine black.



Step 3:
Gather some inspiration and pick your color palette. This can also be part of Step 1 & 2.



Step 4:
Since my background color was black I simply taped off the design on each one and added a layer of silver for the guys and light magenta for the girls. This part was quite easy.



Step 5:
Pick out what type of frames you want to use to add the finishing touch. I purchased mine at Ikea for a whopping $2.99 each.




Lastly check each one for any detail fixes, wrap and hand them out. I will be passing these out today as a few of my co-workers wil be off on vacation for the holiday. This was an easy and inexpensive project. I spent less than $5 per person.


Here are the finished goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment