Monday, November 12, 2012

Hong Kong Day 1- A Symphony of Lights

When I was doing research on things you should do and see while in Hong Kong everyone was raving about the multimedia light show. It runs every evening at 8pm for 14 minutes and involves 44 buildings on both sides of the harbor.

You can listen to the shows music and narration nightly along the Tsim Sha Tsui waterfront between the Avenue of the Stars and the Hong Kong Cultural Centre, the waterfront promenade on the Wan Chai Golden Bauhinia Square, or a Victoria Harbor Cruise.

There are five scenes in the show. The first is Awakening, followed by Energy, Heritage, Partnership and lastly Celebration. You can read more about it here.

I recommend getting to a vantage point early as people begin to gather quickly. We arrive about 20 minutes prior to the show and it was already fairly crowded.

I recorded video of the entire show, and since it is 15 minutes long I can only share the a small portion of the show with you all. This is the last bit of the show.







 I loved seeing all the colors form the buildings reflected off the water









A little video of the show I found online

No comments:

Post a Comment