Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Recap

We were truly blessed with some summer like weather this weekend which made our trip up to meet with our wedding coordinator quite beautiful.

The Inn of the Seventh Ray looked so enchanting sprinkled with sunlight, compared to our first visit after a big rain storm. The creek that runs along side the restaurant was not overflowing with muddy water , it was more of a tranquil slow flowing stream this time.

I was a little worried about meeting with our coordinator and thought I might leave more stressed about the wedding day but she was so easy to talk to and went through the list like a true professional. We actually left feeling at ease about our big day. It is such a relief knowing that your big day is in the hands of experienced professionals.


After our successful meeting we decided to have dinner at one of our favorite restaurants The Whale and Ale in San Pedro. Which just happens to be the same place we went to the night we got engaged. So it was just fitting to revisit this spot.


Unfortunately I never did get to taking down the Christmas Tree yet this weekend but I have every intention of completing that task today after work. We decided to go and spend some time with my fiancees grandmother Nina as she has been in the hospital this past week after falling and breaking her arm. I missed her terribly as it has been about 3 weeks since I saw her last. We are hoping that the additional procedure she needs to undergo will be successfully completed today so she can finally go home.




Besides the Weekends activities I wanted to update you all on the goals I set for myself.


1. To be a perfect little homemaker- so far I have been lacking on this one do to the fact that I was away on a business trip for 10 days. I did clean out the kitchen this weekend and plan on doing lots more of that all week. I want to make the house ready for all the guest's that will be arriving for the wedding (mostly my family)

2.To complete all the wedding plans by April 1st- this goal is well on it's way to completion especially after our meeting this past weekend. There are still some loose ends and projects to complete and lots more things to pay for of course.

3. To get myself in shape- I have to say I have been doing really well with this goal. I mastered level 1 of the 3 Level workout program. I have now begun level 2 which is a bit harder and there are some interesting moves that you make with your body (this results in being sore the next day). I have to admit that I had beads of sweat running down the sides of my face after doing this workout. Although it will get progressively difficult I am sticking with it.

4. To pick up sewing again- this coincides with #1 as I want to get all wedding stuff into one side of the craft room and to get my desk up so I can have a place for my sewing machine.

5. To book and plan our honeymoon- we have finally made up our minds about the exact cities we want to visit in Italy. All we have left is to book the flight and hotels.

With everything that has been going on in this first month of the new year I have to say I am doing well with the goals I set for myself. I have to step it up on a few of them but for the most part this is not a bad start.

No comments:

Post a Comment