Monday, June 13, 2011

ROMA: THE FOOD

I was saving all my photos of food for this post. I will just say this now as I continue to post abut our trip. There is nothing like Italian food in Italy!

Our first meal in Italy upon arrival in Rome was a Margherita pizza. We did end up eating this pizza more than once while on our trip. Along with many different pastas, fish and cheeses. Some of these meals, well most were paired with excellent Italian wines.



Grande birra for the mister and piccola for the mrs. I was so jet-lagged I forgot to take a photo of the yummy margherita pizza I had.


Part of our meal on Borgo Pio near Vatican city.



The last meal with had in Rome, at L'Archetto di Cavour ristorante. One of the best al dente pasta's I have ever eaten.





1 comment:

  1. agreed! nothing compares to italian food in italy. sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete